BC Skills Immigration Stream
Besides being able to apply through the above-mentioned streams directly through the BC PNP Skills Immigration Stream on the BC PNP portal online for a fast-tracked processing time of 2-3 months you can also apply for permanent residence through the Entry Level and Semi-Skilled Worker (ELSS) Category if you do not qualify for the previous immigration programs and work in the tourism/hospitality, long-haul trucking or food processing sector.
Entry Level and Semi-Skilled (ELSS) Category Eligibility Requirements
- Express Entry Profile
- Connection to Province
- Job Offer
- Yes – Must be in one of the following job sectors in BC:
- 1. tourism/hospitality;
- 2. long-haul trucking; or
- food processing sector.
- Language Proficiency
- Yes – CLB 4
- Level of Education
- Yes (relevant secondary qualification or high school certificate and licensing or certification required for the job)
- Work Experience
- Must have been employed for at least 9 consecutive months in BC immediately before application
- Income/Settlement Funds
- Average Processing Time
- 2-3 months (BC PNP Online). The permanent residence procedure normally take approximately 14 – 18 months.
To apply for the Skill Immigration system you must:
- Create an online profile through the BC PNP and register
Choose one of the five categories: 1. Skilled Worker 2. Healthcare Professional 3. International Post Graduate 4. International Graduate
5. Entry Level and Semi-Skilled
- Receive a registration score and enter into a selection pool for the category you chose
- Complete your registration when you receive your confirmation email along with your BC PNP registration number
- Please note that your registration will be kept in the pool for 12 months or until you get an Invitation to Apply from BC (if you meet all the requirements).