Dependent Child(ren) Visa

Dependent Child(ren) Visa

Who can become a sponsor

You can sponsor a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or dependent child to immigrate to Canada if: 


  • you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
  • you are 18 or older.

Federal Income Table, 2016

The following table applies to all provinces except Quebec

Low Income Cut-Off (LICO)

Dependent children


A son or daughter is dependent when the child:


  • is under age 19 and does not have a spouse or common-law partner
  • is 19 years of age or older and has depended largely on the financial support of a parent since before age 19 because of a physical or mental condition